Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Oh What A Year Can Bring

“I want to feel my life while I’m in it.” ~Meryl Streep

This time last year, I was dealing with life changing news that changed the course of my life. I learned so much about friendship and family. I chose to look at the good that came out of the bad. My friends and I grew closer. I gained more patience. The quality time with my daughters is priceless. When stuck in the house and nothing but walls around you, you are forced to be in the moment and sit in your thoughts. For me, my thoughts brought out more creative ideas and things I want to accomplish while I’m still here.

I ask the question: “Are you really living? Or are you merely existing?” To live is to step outside of your comfort zone. To live is to follow a dream or take a chance at something in which you believe. When I read that quote above by Meryl Streep, it made me want to live more…

Life can be scary, and things will happen for which we just can’t plan. I’m always reminded that there is always someone experiencing something much worse than whatever it is that I may be going through. Have you ever called someone and all they did was go down the list of bad things that is going on in their life? I call this the ‘black cloud.’ I try to stay away from the black cloud. Sometimes that can be a habit that is hard for someone to break. Some people don’t even realize they do it. It is true that a lot of people are more interested in bad news than they are good news. I hear people say all the time, “You can’t share everything with everybody.” I will never understand that one.

I’m at a point in my life where I realize I have no complaints. It’s the little blessings in my life that make a smile creep across my face. I watch my children sleep and thank God for blessing me with them. I wake up to another day each morning with the ability to do whatever it is that I choose to do. I’m healthier than I have ever been in my life, and I am surrounded by positive people who truly love me. I am also realizing my dreams. I am truly living…

Last week I had a private celebration in my home. I was celebrating life! It was a year to the date of my diagnosis, and I was in the midst of launching my own clothing line. “Oh what a year can bring!” was all I could say. It took me going through this life changing experience to get the courage to just do it. This is something I have been working on for years. I wanted to do it when it felt right. Well, it was time, and the response has been phenomenal. This is only the beginning…

Here’s to a new year, new beginnings, and living life to the fullest…

Check out Tracy Nicole Clothing now!

www.tracynicoleclothing.com

1 comment:

  1. Bless you! Thank you for your courage and sharing the gifts The Lord has placed inside of you to the world! Blessings on your family as well!

    ReplyDelete